Little Monsters baby and children’s preloved sales are a great way to buy and sell anything and everything related to maternity, babies and children. Here are some points about what you can expect, what will be expected of you as a stallholder, and some hints and tips for a successful market.
What you can expect
• By booking your stall, you will be reserving yourself a space at the market, which will
- a 6ft trestle table (size varies between venues)
- space at one end of the table to display larger items (for example a single pushchair,
highchair or a single hanging rail for clothes). There isn’t usually room for very large items
such as cots or playpens to be put up and displayed.
• All our Little Monsters sales take place in venues which are easily accessible, and with free car
parks wherever possible. At some venues we may arrange temporary unloading/loading
areas for stallholders, if a car park is not directly convenient to the market hall. This will
hopefully assist in reducing the amount of carrying you will have to do. However please do check the
venue details provided with each event.
• When you book your stall you will receive information specific to your venue giving the
details of where and when you should arrive to unload your items and set up your stall,
opening and closing times, and a copy of our terms and conditions and invoice.
• When you arrive, find the check in desk and the event organisers will show you to
your stall, which will have been allocated just for you. Please arrive in plenty of time to set
up your stall.
• Doors will open promptly at the given opening time, and you can expect a busy event full
of enthusiastic bargain hunters willing to haggle for what they want!
• Little Monsters welcomes families and promise buggy-friendly venues, so expect to
have children attend your stall, and bear this in mind in the way you arrange it.
• The market will close to the public at the given time, and you will be expected to pack up
your stall and remove all items, rubbish and packaging when you leave.
• Little Monsters is committed to providing, maintaining and promoting so far as is reasonably
practicable, the highest standards of Health, Safety and Welfare at our events.
• Following the event please do let us know how the market went for you, and any
comments or ideas you may have. We aim to make our events as enjoyable as possible for both our
sellers and buyers, so feedback would be much appreciated, positive and negative so that we can get
it right for you.
• Only pre-booked stalls may attend. We will not accept bookings on the day.
What will be expected of you
• It is essential that you read and understand Little Monsters Terms and Conditions
before you reserve your stall. You will be emailed a copy of the terms and
conditions with your invoice, as a reference.
• Please ensure you arrive in plenty of time. For reasons of Health and Safety we will not
allow stallholders to arrive to set up with less than 30 minutes before the doors being opened to the
public. You will also sell a lot more if you have had time to arrange your stall well.
• Set up the stall safely. Do not pile things up as they may topple over.
• Feel free to bring a friend to help you on the stall. It is your responsibility to make them
aware of our terms and conditions of participation.
• Ensure that valuables and money is safeguarded. Little Monsters cannot be held responsible
for the loss of money, equipment or goods from the event.
• Please don’t trade or buy from other stallholders before we have opened the event.
Customers may have been queuing outside before the event opens in order to
purchase the bargain they are looking for, it is only fair to offer them first chance of
buying these items. As a preloved stallholder, you agree to participate to sell and
shoppers pay an entrance fee to visit and buy. After opening time, stallholders are able to
shop like all other customers. Please note that stallholders who are identified as shopping
before opening time are at risk of losing their stall.
• When carrying your goods in & out of the venue, please ensure that you are not dragging
items across the floor. Any damage to the floor may result in the stallholder having to pay
for the re-surfacing of the floor.
• Ensure that all rubbish and packing from your stand is removed from the site before the
• Please do not block any of the entrances or exits, including Fire doors.